This Privacy Statement applies to the website www.cyclinginflanders.cc (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”). The Website is operated by VISITFLANDERS, with registered office at Grasmarkt 61, 1000 Brussels, registered under company no. 0225.944.375.
1. Aim of this Privacy Statement
VISITFLANDERS cares about your privacy and always acts in this respect in accordance with personal data protection principles and more specific the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In this Privacy Statement we would like to inform you on the processing of your personal data when visiting the Website and when participating in our Flandrien Challenge.
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or about the protection of your personal data by VISITFLANDERS please contact us through one of the channels mentioned in title 9 of this Privacy Statement.
2. What personal data do we process?
When you participate in the Flandrien Challenge we process the following personal data:
- Identification data: first and last name
- Geographical data: country and city of residence
- Your Strava profile picture
We collect this data through your Strava-account when you participate in the Flandrien Challenge. When you successfully complete the challenge your name and Strava profile picture will be published in our virtual Hall of Fame on the Website. If you do not wish to have your name published on our Website after successfully completing the Flandrien Challenge or you would like to remove your personal data from the Hall of Fame you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
We also, briefly process your Strava activity data. We do this to match the correct segments of your activity with the Flandrien Challenge.
Please note that we use the name you entered for your Strava profile.
3. Why do we process your personal data?
We collect and process your personal data so we can include you in our online Hall of Fame upon completing the Flandrien Challenge.
With regards to cookies we make a distinction between functional and non-functional cookies:
- Functional cookies are necessary for the Website to function properly. For example, they ensure that you are recognized as a user when you visit our Website;
- Non-functional cookies are not necessary for the Website to function properly. For example, we place analytical cookies. This allows us to know which website components are popular and where we can improve our Website.
It is possible to block or manage non-functional cookies via the settings of your internet browser. In addition, you can delete the installed cookies from your computer at any time. The way in which you do this varies from browser to browser. If you refuse and/or delete cookies, it is possible that you will no longer be able to make use of all the possibilities our Website has to offer.
4. Transfers of personal data to third parties
To maintain and improve our services we sometimes invoke third parties, e.g. developers and IT-suppliers. Where necessary for the services provided by these third parties, your personal data may be transferred to them. We conclude contractual agreements with these third parties to ensure that they only process your personal data according to our instructions and that they always meet the same degree of security and confidentiality as we do.
At the request of the government, or to comply with other legal obligations, some of your personal data may be transferred to official authorities. For example, in the context of legal proceedings or judicial investigations.
This Privacy Statement is only applicable to us and this Website. The Website can include links to other websites, which we do not monitor. Subsequently, this Privacy Statement is not applicable to those websites.
5. How long do we retain your data?
Your name, geographical data and profile picture will be stored for the lifespan of the Website. The activity data used to match your activity with the appropriate segments of the challenge will not be stored and is deleted once it is linked to the correct segment.
We never retain your personal data any longer than strictly necessary to fulfill the objectives for which the personal data was originally collected (see title 2 of this Privacy Statement). In addition, you can send a request to delete your data (see title 6 of this Privacy Statement).
6. Withdrawal of your consent and other rights regarding your personal data
Regarding your personal data, you have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent to process your personal data;
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request rectification of your personal data;
- Request restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Request the portability of personal data (this means a request to transfer your data to yourself or to a diferent organisation where prescribed by law);
All requests regarding the above-mentioned rights may be submitted through one of the channels mentioned in title 9 of this Privacy Statement. If we are unable to work out a suitable solution together, you have the right to file complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
7. The Protection of Your Personal Data
VISITFLANDERS does everything within its grasp to prevent misuse, loss, theft, unauthorised access and other unwanted action regarding your personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your data is processed in accordance with national and European legislation and guarantee the protection of your rights. Our Data Protection Officer and Information Security Officer make sure these measures are monitored regularly and kept up to date.
8. Modification of this Privacy Statement
VISITFLANDERS may modify the Privacy Statement from time to time. All updates and changes come into force immediately upon publication on this Website. Therefore, we encourage our users to consult this Privacy Statement regularly to stay informed about the latest changes that can have an impact on you.
9. Contact Information of VISITFLANDERS and the Data Protection Officer
Contact Information of the data controller
Grasmarkt 61, 1000 Brussels
+32 2 504 03 00
Contact Information of the Data Protection Officer
Grasmarkt 61, 1000 Brussels